Thursday, 10 May 2007

your words in my memory

So on Tuesday I posted about favourite duets and included was 'Set Fire to the Third Bar' By Snow Patrol featuring Martha Wainwright.
I just can't stop listening to this song. It is so hauntingly beautiful. Watch the video which is gorgeous too.

So then when I did a little exploring and discovered that in recent gigs Snow Patrol are pulling women out of the audience to duet with them I got goosebumps. If there is is any one dream career I could ever have, I would choose to be a singer. I can rock at Singstar (a few gin and tonics help) and sing loud in my car but Kate Bush (whom I adore by the way) I am not.
But I just love going to gigs where the band engages the audience and how more involved could you be than by being asked to join them on stage? Sigh!

'your words in my memory are like music to me'

4 comments:

alyson. said...

I heart Snow Patrol and I heart singing in my car.

I'm A said...

wouldn't that be incredible?! i sang with nelly furtado once...highlight of my life.

alyson. said...

btw....are you the mystery gift giver from the decor8 contest?

Lacey Jane said...

I was also obsessed with this song when I first heard it... One of those songs you listen to over and over and over again. I'm still not sick of it!