Tuesday, 31 July 2007
2. Friday night shopping at Borders purchasing:
- new Domino magazine
- Sublime Stitching book. Cute pattern overload. Can't wait to start getting crafty
- Wagamama cookbook. Mmmm, me love me some wagamama. I heard a rumour that it is opening in Christchurch. I hope, I hope it becomes a reality. And soon.
- a couple of cds (see Music Tuesday post for more info)
3. Celebrating my God-daughter's 13th birthday. 13! Go Liv! Olivia is a fabulous dancer and when I spied the first series of the tv version of Fame I instantly thought what a great present it would make. Then I saw that it was made in 1982. Could it be that the tv show I loved as a child is really 25 years old?! I decided that it maight not be as cool now as it was then. Well to a 13 year old anyway. I have faith that I will still love it though. So I settled on a new 'retro' tee shirt of Flashdance instead. She loved it.
4. Lying in bed late Friday night watching Rove's special from New York. Love Rove. Janeane Garofalo was on it. Love her too but man she has become skinny! I didn't realise she had so many tattoos.
5. Going to visit a friend's new house. Gorgeous! I want one of those fancy ice making fridges!
6. Finally finding time to visit my beauty therapist. It's amazing how a brow shape and lash tint can make you feel a million bucks. Thanks Trace!
7. Experiencing the BEST hot chocolate ever. A glass of hot milk and a shot glass of chocolate chips. Deeee-lish. Unfortunately I didn't take my camera!
8. Finally going to see Paris Je T'aime with Andrea. It's true. I love Paris and I loved this movie.
9. A little Harry reading. And I mean a little! I really need to dedicate some serious Harry time to get this finished!
10. A quiet lazy Sunday.
Hope your weekend was just as sweet!
Wednesday, 25 July 2007
Tuesday, 24 July 2007
Sunday, 22 July 2007
Friday, 20 July 2007
Just a short post today because I am just off to work and tonight I have a dinner date with these two charming boys. How could I resist? Just so you know, these are the beautiful twin boys who belong to a close friend of mine. And today just happens to be their 7 month birthday. So happy 7 months Ravie and Fenn! You've come a long way babies!
So happy Friday to you all. And happy weekend. And to any Harry Potter fans out there, it's just one more sleep!
Thursday, 19 July 2007
Wednesday, 18 July 2007
...in Sydney so I could go to this fantastic sale at Signature Prints. It's a little depressing that I am on the mailing list but cannot partake in the buying frenzy! Anyone based in Sydney who wants to go shopping for me??
As a VIP friend of Signature Prints, we would like to invite you to attend our sale this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We hope you can join us.
Authentic, handprinted, 1950's vintage wallpapers and friezes in original condition featuring designs from various Art Deco and Art Nouveau libraries. From $50.00 (usually not sold)
Florence Broadhurst wallpaper remnants - $20.00 each (not usually sold) featuring countless designs and colourways. Come and find favourites such as Japanese Floral and The Cranes, or less seen Florence Broadhurst geometric, floral and tapestry designs.
Florence Broadhurst Fabric Remnants
Usually $143.00 per metre now $40.00 per metre
Florence Broadhurst Ottomans
were $420.00 now $240.00
Florence Broadhurst Throw Rugs
were $420.00 now $240.00
Florence Broadhurst lamp shades in varying sizes - from ceiling shades, to table lamps.
Reduced by 50%
Florence Broadhurst Fabric Art
was $300.00 now $150.00
Florence Broadhurst Cushions
were $88.00 now $44.00
Tuesday, 17 July 2007
It's the hair do! I would kill to have a hair do like that rather than my 'in a rush so no time to wash the hair, scraped back in a pony tail do a la today' look.
And the eye make up. All this and she gets to be married to Mr Gavin Rossdale. I'm not usually this gushy. But sigh!
Monday, 16 July 2007
Sunday, 15 July 2007
I was totally overwhelmed when Leanne presented me with a bag of goodies on Friday.
Wow! It was overflowing with the best of the best. Kikki K stationery and the sweetest post its; Paper Couture gift tags, postcards and note cards; Little chocolate hearts and chocolate slabs from Haigh's and a recipe to make Chocolate & Raspberry muffins; gorgeous wrapping paper I might use to cover a notebook; a beautiful black & white photography book on Sydney; adorable ribbons and a folder full of business cards, maps, flyers and even an article on Sydney based blogs!
I admit, I was in a bit of a grump before Leanne gave me this bag of treasures so it really lifted my spirits.
I was like a little kid at Christmas time devouring it all ten times over and more.
What really touched me the most though, was that Leanne had been collecting things for me the whole time she had been away. Made me feel very special. She knows me well, this is just the kind of present I go ga ga over. Especially a great collection of business cards!
Thank you Leanne! I love love love it all x
Wednesday, 11 July 2007
Tuesday, 10 July 2007
I've been a Terra Naomi fan for a while now, somehow stumbling upon her video posts on you tube. And her blog. She is amazing. I was so thrilled for her to play at such a big gig.
So I missed it on the day but thank goodness for you tube. This is great. I had to share. She is exactly the kind of rock chick I wish I were. And such a great rock chick outfit.
I did happen to see Linken Park though who I thought were brilliant!
Ok. Short and sweet. Happy Tuesday to you all.