Tuesday, 31 July 2007

10 reasons to love the weekend


1. Borders 40% discount coupons for books, cds & dvds arriving by email Friday afternoon.
2. Friday night shopping at Borders purchasing:
- new Domino magazine
- Sublime Stitching book. Cute pattern overload. Can't wait to start getting crafty
- Wagamama cookbook. Mmmm, me love me some wagamama. I heard a rumour that it is opening in Christchurch. I hope, I hope it becomes a reality. And soon.
- a couple of cds (see Music Tuesday post for more info)
3. Celebrating my God-daughter's 13th birthday. 13! Go Liv! Olivia is a fabulous dancer and when I spied the first series of the tv version of Fame I instantly thought what a great present it would make. Then I saw that it was made in 1982. Could it be that the tv show I loved as a child is really 25 years old?! I decided that it maight not be as cool now as it was then. Well to a 13 year old anyway. I have faith that I will still love it though. So I settled on a new 'retro' tee shirt of Flashdance instead. She loved it.
4. Lying in bed late Friday night watching Rove's special from New York. Love Rove. Janeane Garofalo was on it. Love her too but man she has become skinny! I didn't realise she had so many tattoos.
5. Going to visit a friend's new house. Gorgeous! I want one of those fancy ice making fridges!
6. Finally finding time to visit my beauty therapist. It's amazing how a brow shape and lash tint can make you feel a million bucks. Thanks Trace!
7. Experiencing the BEST hot chocolate ever. A glass of hot milk and a shot glass of chocolate chips. Deeee-lish. Unfortunately I didn't take my camera!
8. Finally going to see Paris Je T'aime with Andrea. It's true. I love Paris and I loved this movie.
9. A little Harry reading. And I mean a little! I really need to dedicate some serious Harry time to get this finished!
10. A quiet lazy Sunday.
Hope your weekend was just as sweet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wagamamma was one of my favorite restaurants when I lived in England. We ate their all the time...the soups were outrageous and I want them to open one in NYC...cross your finges.

ali said...

Me too on the Wagamama favoritism. Do they have those in NZ? I tried it out in London, too.

Your weekend sounds wonderful. Even the hot chocolate, and it's about 100 degrees F where I am!

Anonymous said...

Heу just wanted to giνe you a quicκ hеаds
uρ and let уοu know a few of thе іmages агеn't loading properly. I'm not sure ωhy but І thіnk
its a lіnking issue. I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.

Feel free to visit my page; Oriental dating Site