Monday, 30 April 2007
Friday, 27 April 2007
Thursday, 26 April 2007
mmm, chocolat. tres bon!
oh for a hot bath with these delicious scents
Liberty prints. my fave. check out that sweet birdy
jewellery by Monica Vineda. gorgeous gems
rolls and rolls of sheer delight
jewellery by Scott Wilson. so divine
Wednesday, 25 April 2007
Tuesday, 24 April 2007
Monday, 23 April 2007
*It's not the actual camping I mind, or being without luxuries. It's being without a flushing toilet!
Saturday, 21 April 2007
- sleeping in until 9.30am (something I never do. I obviously needed it)
- feeling lucky to spy the May issue of Lucky at Borders
- sushi for lunch
- an afternoon visit to the library
When Tim mentioned that Russ was 91 I thought he was joking. So I came home and googled it. He wasn't joking. I'm in awe of this man! I can only hope that I am as energetic and still love music as much as he does at the age of 91.
Even his name is cool. Russ. Russ Garcia.
This man is the toe-tappin', finger-clickin' epitome of style. He is cool personified. And so suave. Great accent too.
If you don't know much about Russ Garcia then get this - he was the arranger/conductor for Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald for their recording of Porgy and Bess. He's also worked with Count Basie, Sammy Davis Jnr, Mel Torme and Nat King Cole. Too cool!
He is so happily in love with his wife Gina and has been quoted as saying 'I lead a charmed life'. Indeed he does.
A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Leanne in Sydney. Indulge yourself!
Thursday, 19 April 2007
- rainy weekends spent playing board games
- my box of letters from Alice
- having fresh flowers in the house
- dusk. Especially when it's going to rain and the sky is dark and stormy but the sun is still strong enough to give off some amazing light. My favourite time of day.
- lying in the summer sun making daisy chains
- impatient drivers
- being late
- not having a hair tie with me
- working at a messy desk
- when my ipod does strange stuff (and when blogger won't let me upload photos like right now!)
It's your turn to be tagged now. Just for fun.
I better go get ready now. My Mum won tickets on the radio to see Tim Beveridge at the Jazz Festival. I'm off to a night of 'New York, New York', 'Mack the Knife', 'The Lady is a Tramp' etc. My kind of night. Yay for Mums who win free stuff!
Wednesday, 18 April 2007
Liz has got some really good publicity for the project like this in the flickr blog (I love the crane and cat photo!). But it's not too late to sign up so go to it people!
Tuesday, 17 April 2007
I was so excited to discover last night that Missy Higgins has a new album out.
I saw Missy play in Christchurch a couple of years ago and went along not knowing much about her. I came away a big fan. She is a fabulous singer and songwriter and even more amazing live. Check her out and she ever comes to your town to perform, don't think twice about going, you won't be disappointed!
Monday, 16 April 2007
I can't get enough of making these lists. Thanks to Andrea for introducing them to me. I don't think you've seen the end of these lists from me!
Make yours here and share the love.
Mellow + Yellow Swap update:
The very talented Abigail should receive a parcel soon. Hurrah!
Friday, 13 April 2007
Thursday, 12 April 2007
Tuesday, 10 April 2007
Monday, 9 April 2007
- I watched this and loved it
- I read some of this which I'm enjoying
- I drooled over the latest IKEA catalogue my friend bought back for me from Australia. IKEA can't open in NZ soon enough for me!
- I downloaded and listened to some Sound Opinions podcasts.
- I discovered the lovely and hilarious Stephen Merchant has a radio show on Sundays on BBC 6 Music so I listened online to last weeks show
- And I was overjoyed when I ventured out on Saturday (I had to escape the cabin fever) and saw that Borders is finally stocking Domino magazine. Oh so happy.
Friday, 6 April 2007
Thursday, 5 April 2007
Julieree likes them too.
Have a lovely Easter break everyone.
Tuesday, 3 April 2007
Monday, 2 April 2007
He turned up unannounced to her birthday drinks when he was in Auckland last November (we didn't let on he was made of cardboard)