Tuesday, 24 April 2007

Music Tuesday

Inspired by Alyson's List Friday I've decided to dedicate Tuesdays to my music picks and faves. And if it's good enough for iTunes (iTunes new music Tuesdays) then it's good enough to me.
This week I can't stop listening* to two tunes that I discovered after listening to one of Jo Whiley's shows online at BBC Radio 1:

Either Way by The Twang**
Stop Me*** by Mark Ronson
And I'm also really loving the new Missy Higgins song Steer.

A short little post about my music picks today but stay tuned until next week when I will be declaring my favourite male and female duet songs.
Here's a hint: it features Kenny & Dolly.
Happy music Tuesday my friends!

* are you like me and when you get a new music fave you play it over and over and over? I never get so sick of my favourite songs that I don't ever want to hear them again, but the play count does subside after a little while.
** Love this band name!
*** I've long been a big fan of The Smiths and Morrissey. I'm always a little wary when my favourite songs are sampled or covered by another artist. But this version does not disappoint. It also features 'Keep Me Hangin' On by Kim Wilde (who is now a professional gardener!)

4 comments:

Shelly (Nicole) said...

I love this idea and may have to start posting about music on Tuesdays myself! So the new new Missy is good? I haven't yet had a chance to take a listen. I think I shall head over to iTunes now!

alyson. said...

I'm so glad you were inspired! :)

music Tuesday is a great idea. have you checked out Rogue Wave yet? Out Of The Shadow was my "I-played-this over-and-over-till-the-play-count-subsides" cd.

Sarah said...

Hey guys, glad you liked this. I can't promise that every Tuesday will be about new music but every Tuesday will feature music of some sort!
Shelly you should definitely join in the fun.
Alyson, I'm going to explore Rogue Wave and Album Leaf in the weekend when I have some more time to play (yay!)
Have a great week.

little special said...

i love that Mark Ronson track - it's my favourite just now, great pick!

xx